Tuesday 21 July 2015

Planning a long haul holiday

It's summer. Time to kick back and relax to the sound off nothing. No more exam bells no more course work deadlines and shouty teachers nothing everything is bliss. With the world as your oyster.

Then bamn stress kicks in whether that planning a gap year, a family holiday or just a week or two away with your best friend touring Asia! Long hauls are stressful and there is no doubt about it.
But don't panic or fear anymore I'm here to help you as a guide along to planning a long haul holiday.
As I myself have been fussing about like no body business in order to give my friend and myself a holiday tour of a life time.

So let's starts with a list, I'll make it simple and plain so there be no need for confusions.

Firstly ; Destination: where you off to firstly as your planning a long haul I am pretty sure you've had the destination in your head for some time? But have you checked out the dos and don't ? I mean no wants to get to the airport to find out that they've been denayed travel because they don't have a valid visa or an esta or in fact a passport that is 6 months valid. As actually working for an airline at the airport my best advise is to soul search make a list of things you need ? And discard the things you don't?  In fact I've been nice enough to add a photo of a list of things you may need because trust me when I tell you it's no fun being up at silly o clock Looking for documentation you may need upon your travel.

Secondly;  get organised! Now if my friends were to read this they would probably be laughing . Emmy organised ? Ha! But no seriously it's such a great way to keep track of everything especially if you are going across Europe or the states or my case India ! You need to keep track of hotels ? flight details ? Keep everything with you even do copies because you never know when your gonna need it?  Print it all if needs be.


Thirdly;  map it out. This probably should go under organisation but yes map it out  start from your chosen airport destination off arrival and from there work around the clock till its time to go home, after all I am pretty convinced I am not the only person who would hate the thought of coming back and forward on myself multiple times . Along with when mapping it out remember to include the towns or cities you'll be visiting and the hotels you'll be staying in whilst your in that certain place also find out about transport? is everything local or do you need a taxi to adventure out or car in some cases! Another topic that links into this then is cost how much is everything going to come too? Maybe take down a note of the figures. You'll be surprised once everything is booked just how much time and money goes in on a long haul holiday.  also if you can start collecting your spending money now that way by the time you go you'll realise you have more then you think. Which can be helpful especially when back packing around with friends.


So let's wrap it up: these are some quick tips on planning a long haul , if you have more please tell me I would love to know how to not turn grey before my travels and if you like this then please go give it a follow.
Thankyou for falling across my page
Emmy
X

2 comments: